Thursday, May 11, 2006

Instant oats

Trying to save some money and slim down to my pre-desk job size has brought me to this: eating instant oatmeal for lunch. It’s almost an all-time low, I’ll admit it.

Those two packets of Quaker Instant Oats in the apple cinnamon flavor were one of several edible options I had in my office. The others were bite-sized candy bars, an apple, and two cereal bars. The oatmeal seemed like the obvious choice.

I poured that packet of questionable oats into my mug, picked out some of the apple bits because I think they’re too sweet, walked over to the water cooler and poured in some hot water, and stirred that goupy grayish mixture with a plastic fork (I had no spoon). My water to oat ratio was off and the oatmeal looked more like oat-liquid than oatmeal, so I opened up another packet of oats and poured in half. The extra oats helped a bit in thickening it, but it was still hard to eat with a fork. After about four forkfuls and nothing really making it to my mouth, I opted for the faster way to eat oatmeal—to drink it. So, I sat at my desk chugging oatmeal.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jeanne said...

eat something new, already!

Monday, May 22, 2006 2:41:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home