Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Thai medication

Alvaro just stopped by my office. For the past several weeks, he's been working with students at the school, helping them get their final drafts ready for publication. And, I've been hoping that our schedule would work out so that we could go to the neighborhood In-n-Out for lunch. I haven't been so lucky.

But, this morning, as he knocked on my door and walked in on me looking drowsier and more pathetic than usual and with papers scattered all over my desk, he had just what I wanted in his bag, something better than burgers and milkshakes. He had pills. A green and yellow paper wrapper encased a plasticy coating that held four round tablets. It looked curious. Thai text covered the packagaing, and I really had no idea what he was handing me and was a tad bid nervous, but he assured me that it was the Thai version of Advil and that it had helped him with a hangover once.

So, I tore through that plastic wrapper and took two of those yellow rounds with some Throat Coat tea. I didn't feel better. I think I acutally felt worse, like that time when I took some Get Well Soon pills (which have a foul smell of garlic and are the size of half a large thumb) and some tea and threw up in my office just minutes before I had to make a presentation. This time, it's not that bad but it's not all too great. I wonder if it has to do with all the herbal supplements I've taken this morning: Throat Coat tea, zesty orange Airbourne, and now some Think O2 tea. Or maybe those Thais are trying to take me out. Or maybe Alvaro is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home