Thursday, May 04, 2006

Scramble

My body has been off kilter recently. I think I'm getting sick. I know it, actually. And, when I'm sick, I usually can't do much to muster up an appetite or a meal that's good enough to make me really want to eat it.

For dinner tonight, I made an egg scramble. Eggs are the easiest thing to make, and I complicated it this time. I was overzealous; I wanted it to be too many things. My other mistake was that I used a frying pan with walls that were too low (I didn't want to wash the other frying pan with higher walls). Food keep spilling out over the edge as I stirred with my spatula. Bits of red onions went over board, and then chunks of sausage. I fished those suckers out from underneath and tossed them back in. Eh, a little heat'll kill anything off.

So, in went some chopped red onions, some chicken and portabello mushroom sausage, and some diced tomatoes. I then poured on the egg and grated all the cheese that was leftover from Scott's fajita dinner on the eggs, which was quite a hefty amount of cheese. I also toasted some wheat bread to go with all the eggs.

It took me nearly half an hour to cook up eggs (What would Rachel Ray say?), and, in the end, they were just okay. The mushroom sausage was a bit overpowering and the tomatoes didn't add much to the mix either. The flavors didn't meld at all. The bite of sausage tasted like sausage; the bite of tomato tasted like tomato (but coated in egg). The cheese, however, I think played the most vital role. It kept the eggs moist. And, because the cheese had melted into the eggs, I couldn't really tell how much cheese I was eating.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home