Monday, June 20, 2005

Greasy juices

Last night was the second night in a couple of weeks that Ryan and I were eating Mexican food late at night in the Mission after bopping around and going deaf. The show this time was at Bottom of the Hill, where I was thoroughly impressed with the dancing antics of the guys on the stage (I never knew an Asian guy to move that way), and food this time was at Cancun.

I had a super quesadilla with carne asada, knowing that they’ve always been good to me. Grilled goodness arrived in a basket. I picked up the hefty quesadilla filled with meat, sour cream, cheese and avocado, and it started dripping. I’d never had that happen before. Drip, drip, drip. Grease and juices just started to puddle up on the wax paper and was inching closer to the other half of the quesadilla that was waiting for me to eat it. I placed a napkin on the greasy juices to prevent it from soggying the other half.

Cancun really does have good quesadillas. I think it has to do with the meat, which is so tasty and all the avocado. They don’t skimp on the avocado. And, with a little dollop of the super spicy salsa verde, you’re in quesadilla heaven. The only tough part was trying not to get the food up my nose while laughing at inappropriate dinner conversation.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Inappropriate??? What part? When we were talking about pissing on cars? Or the transvestite? It wasn't like we were talking about hermaphrodites (our normal dinner conversations).

Monday, June 20, 2005 2:06:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home