Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Bad news burrito

I made a bad lunch decision today. I don't like to admit it, but I did. I ordered a chicken burrito from the Mexican food place at the Metreon food court thing. What was I thinking? Really. What was I thinking?

Burritos in San Francisco outside of the Mission lack all the glory that makes a good burrito a good burrito. No way did this wannabe-burrito compare to those at Cancun Tacqueria. There was no grilled tortilla, no large chunks of avocado, no chicken that actually tastes like chicken, and no spicey salsa verde. What I got instead was a strange but warm mixture of refried beans that was pastey and a strange purplish-brown color, lots of rice that looked like it came from a Rice-a-Roni box, and some bits of chicken. It was a hunt to find the chicken through all the strange pastey-ness. I don't know how that place can even dare to call that thing a burrito and sell it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home