Thursday, March 31, 2005

Another kind of jerky

Some fruits are good dried: bananas, grapes, cranberries, mangos, apricots. And, apparently, others are not, such as the persimmon. I've been sitting here eating a bag of dried persimmons for no reason other than the fact that they're within my hand's reach. They're a bit tough and look a bit leathery. And, they don't even taste like persimmon. I'm not sure what they taste like. Toughness, I suppose, if toughness is a flavor. But, they're giving my mouth a workout, up and down my mouth goes, trying to make something that can be swallowed out of these dark orange shapes. I'm going to have one fit mouth by the time I'm done.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jon said...

There used to be a leathery sort of dried papaya you could get in stores, but it became illegal or something. Now all you can buy is that noxious orange crap that tastes like chemicals. Terrible!

Friday, April 01, 2005 1:29:00 PM  
Blogger Jeanne said...

those persimmons were gross. i took one but i couldn't even finish half of it. if memory serves me right, the chinese ones that you can get at home during the new year tasted much better.

Tuesday, April 05, 2005 12:43:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home