Thursday, February 17, 2005

Go banana!

I actually had breakfast today. An onion bagel, a banana, and coffee. Quite a feat for me, but not such quite a feat as actually making my own breakfast or even pouring my own cereal and milk. I left my apartment early wishfully thinking that I'll get to work early and have some quiet time to myself to get some things done. With banana in hand, I headed for the BART station. It was an almost perfectly ripe banana. It was one in a bunch of four that I bought earlier in the week. Yesterday's banana was good--it left a bit of that yucky feeling behind my teeth that an unripe banana can do but not as much as the banana from the day before and even less than the one before that. Today's banana was soft, flecked with black spots, and smelled of banana. A marvelously handsome banana. Another day, and it would have been too sweet, too fragrant of banana, too mushy to be a truly beautiful banana. But, today's banana--the last banana--a wondrous banana.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home