Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Tangerine

Remember that song, I think by the Flaming Lips, with that part that goes, "She uses tangerines"? Anyhow, I was singing that today as I peeled my tangerine--the tangerine that my mom grew and threw into my backpack as I was about to leave on a jet plane at 5:30 in the morning in LA not too long ago. It didn't suffer too much through the security check point and survived a couple of weeks in my 'fridge. Maybe it was due to the thickness of its peel. But, under that tough exterior, was juicy goodness. From the outside, it looked like a dried, old tangerine. But, as I've been often told before, you can't judge a tangerine by its peel. Inside awaited the glory of the tangerine. Juicy, sweet, and cold. Made me tingle. True, the white veiny stuff was rather dry and kinda gross, but once that was all picked clean, only tangerine flesh remained. Mmm...tangerine.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jeanne said...

hi sugar! this entry made me want to eat a tangerine! i searched and searched and luckily, my kind neighbors, sam and simon had an orage in their fridge. not quite a tangerine but it'll do. i scarfed that orange down like there was no tomorrow. it was from the dining hall and in another time, it probably would have tasted like dry nothingness but i don't know what it was but it tasted amazing! thanks suz for making me want citrus fruit and for helping me fight off scurvy.

Wednesday, February 09, 2005 11:10:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i do remember that flaming lips song...something about vaseline too. those guys are great. susan and i saw them once in los angeles. they had big fuzzy animals and big floating balls. go, banana!

Saturday, February 12, 2005 8:39:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home