Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Okay, so I haven't starved

So, so, I'm sure you all have been anxiously awaiting my next food post. And, no, I haven't starved to death yet. Quite the contrary. Just been swamped with trying to sort things out. But, anyhow, to the food.

After a lovely Chinese New Year's Eve dinner at the home of the people who we call my sister's godparents, I woke up to journey out through the Tenderloin to Dottie's, where I was welcomed by a beautiful waitstaff. A longish list of specials stared down from above on a dry erase board. And, after surveying the choices, I opted for the blueberry cornmeal pancakes with maple syrup and a sprinkling of powdered sugar. A great choice to satisfy my strange yearning for pancakes. They came three to a stack, which was more than I could handle, and were flecked with fresh blueberries amidst a golden yellow canvas. A smudge of butter and a drizzle of syrup and I was set. Coffee came warm and frequently. A near perfect way to start out a Wednesday morning. Breakfast company was pleasant too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home