Friday, February 11, 2005

Passionate chocolate?

I just finished off the last bit of my chocolate bar that was brought back from Italy. The packaging reads, "Novi cioccolate...passione dal 1903." I can only guess that it means "Novi chocolate...passion since 1903"? I don't know for sure since I don't read Italian. What throws me off by my assumed meaning of this phrase if the word passion. Are the Italians really that passionate that they must even include that on candy bar packaging? But, it was a darn tasty chocolate bar--tasty enough for one to even go "Mmm" and lick one's finger. A bit creamier than American kinds. Reminiscent of a Cadbury (how does one spell that?) milk bar, but without the all that phlegmy stuff a Cadbury can leave behind. The bits of hazelnut added a nice crunchy texture without being overbearing the way peanuts can sometime be. It was a tough decision between the Novi or the Scharffen Berger to end the night. That Scharffy'll just have to wait until tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home