Thursday, April 02, 2009

Californians in Boston

I'm in Boston right now, sitting in Luis and Anosheh's Brookline apartment, eating their dried cranberries and busying myself before they come home to have dinner with me. I flew in late Saturday and stayed with Susie and Zyde for the first half of my stay, before moving here for the second half. On my past couple of visits to Boston, I wasn't won over by the city. But, I'm here again, trying to see if I can like it, if I can picture myself calling this place home (even if for only nine months), if I can leave California for the East Coast.

And, I'm starting to really feel that I can't. I came here with all the best intentions of keeping an open mind, but it's impossible to not compare this city with San Francisco, especially in terms of food. I'll write more about all the meals I've had here later, when I find some more time, probably back home in SF.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home