Monday, February 02, 2009

Ice cream break

David, my office mate, and I just came back from getting ice cream cones at the Ben and Jerry's at Fisherman's Wharf. We were both feeling a little sleepy after eating our lunches (I had brown rice, sauteed bok choy, and leftover kung pao chicken) and I suggested that a walk and ice cream might help wake us up a touch.

It was (and still is) gorgeous outside and warm enough to not need a sweater. I took David along my usual work-break walk along the water and we popped into the ice cream shop. The girl working the counter looked like she should be in high school and we both resisted our urge to ask her why wasn't she in school. She told us we could try anything we wanted. I asked her a sample of the ONE Cheesecake Brownie, Peanut Butter Cup, and a coconut ice cream with tons of stuff in it whose name I don't remember. She scooped some monstrously generous samples. Those three samples were plenty of ice cream for me already. But, I figured I should get a real scoop of something, though none of those (they all had too much going on). I asked for the Coffee Coffee Buzz Buzz, a safe standard. David got the coconut one. Our scoops were huge and I started licking my way through it.

With cones in hand, we strolled along the water, past the souvenir shops, tourists, and people asking if we wanted a ride on the Bay. We looked like the perfect picture of summer, but in February.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home