Sunday, December 17, 2006

Chevy's no more

I've eaten too many meals at the Chevy's in the Embarcadero Center. Someone, please, please tell whoever manages that randomly-placed shopping center that they need dining options other than Chevy's and Tony Roma's.

This time, I was with Sara. We had a movie date. After picking up a bicycle on the side of the road under a freeway, we drove by the Metreon to see what was showing there and drove right on by, down Mission and toward the Bay.

After considering our options, we decided that Chevy's would be the better choice, mainly because we could get large margaritas. After trying to make sense of the overly large and ridiculously colorful plastic-y menu, I decided upon the chicken enchiladas with black beans and a jumbo-sized Classic Margarita.

I forgot how large their large margaritas are, so when that glass the size of my head was placed in front of me, all I could do was giggle, slide that sucker toward me, turn the straw to my mouth, and sip. It was cold and sweet, and I wished I had my dad's flask with me.

Our food came out quickly. My over-sized plate displayed two enchiladas flanked by a side of beans and a side of rice. I cut into the enchiladas with my fork and took a bite. The red sauce that topped my enchiladas tasted kinda weird and smokey but I kept eating anyhow, taking a sip of margarita after each bite. The beans were decent, as was the rice.

We ate quickly and drank slowly. We asked our server if the woman sitting in a booth across the aisle who looked as if she had passed out was okay. He told us, yeah, and that she was a regular. I was confused. We left and after my large margarita I felt just the slightest bit wobbly getting up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home