Thursday, December 14, 2006

Japantown snacks

This week at work has been an office week. I've spent the past several days at our Japantown office catching up on paperwork, trying to write decent letters of recommendations for students I barely know, and making Excel spreadsheets. I'm starting to miss my students (even though a few visited me here). But, being in Japantown for office work has its perks, the best of which is that I can walk half a block to glorious Asian snacks!

I had some Pocky for Men--really, the best Pocky, as I've mentioned before. It came in new packaging. The green box now has a flip-top lid but the contents inside were just as good as before.

I purchased a bag of Hot Garlic Shrimp Chips. I was unaware of the fact that other flavors of shrimp chips existed. I thought it was just the one. But, when I wandered the small aisles of Ichiban, there was a slew of shrimp chips in different flavors. This hot galic one is kinda pungent in a questionably good way. I'll try the wasabi and seaweed ones next.

I ate an Asian version of the Drumstick ice cream as I walked in the rain. The ice cream part was vanilla-flavored and had the consistency of frozen yogurt that had been stuck in the freezer. The cone part wasn't lined with chocolate but it was still good.

And, Monday for lunch, my co-workers and I went to Sapporo-Ya for noodles. I had a bowl of the chasu ramen, which had quite a lot of pork in it (the menu described it as having "extra pork") although the pork was cold (I had to dunk it into the soup to warm up). The noodles were tasty (tender but chewy) but the soup was just a touch too salty. The pickled cabbage salad that came as a starter was too sour and too weird for me to really like it, although I ate it anyway. I noticed that they had okonomiyaki on the menu and might go back to try that. I'll be in the office again next week.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I recently had almond pocky. It gives for men a run for their (his?) money.

Friday, December 15, 2006 10:23:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home