Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Just what I needed

I never know when the craving for a rice krispie treat will hit. I was standing at the sink in my yellow rubber gloves scrubbing the wok when I felt it, that pang from within that told me my body wanted something sweet and crunchy, that it want a rice krispie treat. I degloved, went to the cupboard, and surveyed its contents. Marshmallows, check. Rice Krispie cereal, check. Butter, check. Chocolate chip bits (Hm, an extra perk? Sure, why not?), check. I was set.

I melted some butter in a pot, poured in what remained of the bag of marshmallows, and stirred it as it melted. I then added the cereal (I tasted a grain and it wasn't as crunchy as it should have been, but it wasn't horribly stale and I wanted my rice krispie so I kept with it). Then, I added about half a handful of chopped chocolate chips. I didn't think the chocolate would melt but it did (apparently, that's what happens when you add chocolate to warm melted marshmallows). After it all got mixed, I tranferred the warm marshmallow confection to a pan and let it cool.

Ten minutes later, I took my knife to it and cut myself a square. It was sweet and crispy (although not as crispy as it should be), and it was just what I needed.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope that this reference on your esteemed site propels "degloved" into its rightful place in the english language!
Colin

Tuesday, November 14, 2006 5:29:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home