Friday, November 25, 2005

Thanksgorging

I am thankful for all the wonderful kids who stopped by the Hickory House to celebrate our first ever urban family Thanksgiving. Jeanne, Scott, and I managed an impressive menu and even had time to look domestic in heels and taffeta (no pearls this time around). Here was our feast:

-Turkey brined in salt water, lemon juice, bay leaves, chili flakes, and cayenne pepper and stuffed with carrots, celery, onions, and thyme
-Roasted brussel sprouts with bacon and apples
-Stuffing with caramelized onions, bacon, and apples
-Roasted carrots
-Mashed potatoes with tons of cheese, butter, and cream
-Rolls baked by Scott’s pastry chef friend Jonathan
-Bean salad and carrot cake made by Jon
-Cornbread dressing, shells and cheese, and sweet potato pie from Quressa
-Sauteed corn with red bell pepper
-Sauteed spinach with pine nuts
-Pecan pie from Bakesale Betty thanks to Eleanor
-Pumpkin pie that was too spicy (my mis-measuring)
-The most delicious gravy ever (I’d bathe in it if I could)
-Sausages
-Coffee and vanilla ice cream
-Appetizers of olives and cheese
-Wine thanks to almost everyone who stepped through our doors

I am also thankful for all the people who I was able to convince to take home leftovers.

1 Comments:

Blogger S said...

If you wanna make a little extra money, I know a website where they'll pay for photos of Asian women bathing in gravy.

Saturday, November 26, 2005 1:12:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home