Saturday, November 12, 2005

The big bull

El Toro on Valencia and 17th has ridiculously large tacos, so large that I don’t even know if they can be rightly called tacos. There’s no way to pick up the tortillas, nonetheless be able to fold it in half into the familiar half circle shape.

I ordered one super taco and it was, indeed, a super taco. Loaded on top of the two corn tortillas were beans, two large spoonfuls of grilled chicken, a mountain of shredded lettuce, a pile of shredded cheese, spicy salsa, sour cream, guacamole, a slice of onion, and jalapeño peppers. It also came with a side of chips, which acted nicely as a means of transporting the food to my mouth.

It was sadly disappointing when I had to leave taco behind. I couldn’t finish it. It was too big, but a great meal for about $3.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home