Monday, October 31, 2005

Giving in

I couldn't hold out. I succumbed to the sugary devil that is Halloween treats. It was a tough battle and I stayed strong for longer than I thought I could. But, when it was announced over the PA system that a Halloween dessert buffet was taking place in the lounge, I knew I was facing a steep uphill battle. And, as each time I went to fill my mug up with water, that large chocolate chip cookie and decorated cookies blocked my path, I knew I couldn't hold out much longer. So, I relented and cut a chunk of that large cookie and ate half an orange-colored cookie. I passed up the pumpkin pie, apple pie, and can of whip cream. And, I am proud to say, that my Jack-o-lantern cookie still remains intact on my desk.

4 Comments:

Blogger S said...

You are weak and I am disaapointed in you.

Monday, October 31, 2005 3:43:00 PM  
Blogger Susan said...

Did you not see how long I held out? Nearly five hours! That's some solid display of strength.

Monday, October 31, 2005 4:22:00 PM  
Blogger Jeanne said...

halloween dessert buffet? your co-workers really have the munchies. you ate that last jack-o-lantern cookie on your desk too, didn't you? didn't you?!?

Tuesday, November 01, 2005 12:33:00 AM  
Blogger Susan said...

I had two tiny bites of the Jack-o-lantern cookie. Ryan's friend ate most of it after we spent most of last night wandering the streets of the Castro. This time, no one mistook me for Clamydia but guessed correctly that I was 80's tacky.

Tuesday, November 01, 2005 9:50:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home