Friday, October 21, 2005

Workplace pounds

It’s dangerous being in the office on Fridays, especially with people who like to eat. There are snacks galore.

A former employee came to visit and brought with her German chocolates. I picked up a Duplo bar as I walked pass our communal food spot. The packaging read “Schmeckt krusperleicht!” It turned out to be a version of an American Kit Kat bar—chocolate with wafers in the middle.

Melissa returned from her presentation with a bagful of sample Luna bars. The Lemon Zest one, one that I had been suspicious about, was good. It tasted like a lemon bar and had none of that yucky graininess that Luna’s sibling Cliff has.

Andrea and Kristen came downstairs, done with their tutor training, with kettle corn, Pepsi, pretzels, celery sticks and vegetable dip. Bea put a plate of kettle corn in front of me and my hand just wandered its way to the plate and then to my mouth.

Apparently, in college, it’s the freshman fifteen. I guess the same goes here in this office too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home