Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Curry galore

It was Scott’s turn to make dinner this week for Brandi, and he also invited Jon and another friend over too. He was going to make “a shit-load of curry.” And he did.

It was a yummy concoction of chicken, lentils, spinach, and raisins over jasmine rice (the mice got to the basmati and this, I believed, would be a better accompaniment with the curry than the brown Calrose). Scott chopped, minced, and measured as I sat, watched, and drank a bottle of Harp, occasionally and half-heartedly, asking if I could help. He had me stir pots.

When it was all done and our house smelled heavily of curry even after opening all the windows so that I then had to turn on the heat, it turned out that there would only be three for dinner—Scott, Jon, and me. The ladies decided to bail, which was disappointing as both Scott and I wanted to play yenta. So the three of us ate curry on the floor around the coffee table and mocked photos of Jon’s roommate.

I remembered to leave room for dessert this time too, since Jon had brought over some lovely looking pastries.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home