Friday, November 04, 2005

Non-eats but food related

It’s a quiet Friday night with loud music. Scott’s in Florida and I’m reading food magazines in bed, trying to figure out what to conjure up for my first Thanksgiving not taking place in LA. [To those of you coming to Urban Family Thanksgiving at the Hickory House: send me food requests, recipes, tasty tips; I’m doing trial cooking in the next few weeks.] Flipping through the current issue of Ready Made, a book review caught my eye. Everything I Ate: A Year in the Life of My Mouth by Tucker Shaw chronicles the year-long history of the food that journeyed into Mr. Shaw’s mouth. I had laid that out as one of the original goals of this blog (but to journal all the food that entered my mouth, not Mr. Shaw’s)--if only I wasn’t so easily distracted.

Also, as a side note to the Ready Made issue, check out Yosh’s spread in there for which Colin got a food stylist credit. (Disappointingly, there was no mention of my posing as Yosh for our pre-photo shoot the day before.)

1 Comments:

Blogger Susan said...

Hm...I do have a sociological background. Perhaps that'll be what I go to grad school for. Whatever about helping kids learn.

As for the Tucker Shaw book, I found it at Cody's today (next to one with Mo Rocca on the cover) and everything this man ate in 2004 was photographed. Everything. Photographed. Crazy.

Saturday, November 05, 2005 11:58:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home