Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Madrone

When we got to The Independent last night to see Ben Lee and his brand of Australian folk earnestness, we almost doubled the size of the crowd. It was that early and that empty.

Rather than drink overpriced beer out of plastic cups, we went to down the street to Madrone to wait it out. It was our first time there, and I liked it. Lounge-y, laid-back, and just dark enough. Large, overstuffed armchairs and huge trunks that acted as tables crowded the floor. Lining the walls were photographs of various sizes, objects, and hues that stood out in the half-dark.

And, the best part yet, it was still happy hour at 9PM. Also, for locals with a local ID (darn, DMV for not changing the address on my driver’s license), there are super discounts during the week.

With a couple of vodka tonics in me, I was set to clap my hands and fake singing along.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home