Sunday, November 13, 2005

Black tie burrito

Taqueria Cancun seems to be my late-night Mexican food haunt. I somehow always manage to end up there after shows, parties, aimless drinking. And, it never disappoints.

This time, the show was at Bottom of the Hill. Toby and I were to meet a friend of his afterward in the Mission but we ended up at Cancun eating a quesadilla instead. We shared a chicken one with everything, knowing that a whole one for each would be too much so late at night. The chicken inside wasn’t the grilled version that I prefer but the other kind, the wet one. It was fine, but it made the grilled tortilla a tad soggy.

Sitting next to me was a man in a tuxedo with a burrito. When I commented on the fanciness of his attire and how I suddenly felt underdressed, he told us that he and his female companion had just gotten married. I was skeptical and they weren’t really married, just getting food after a black tie event. They asked about Toby and me, and believed us when we said that we’d been together since the eighth grade. Silly folks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home