Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Crepes a-go-go

I'm still trying to figure out the roommate balance with Scott. Do I leave the house when he has guests over? Or is it okay that I lounge about in my pajamas as he's trying to entertain a cute date? He didn't need me messing up his play, and so dinner with Rob with a great little escape.

We hit up the Hayes Valley hot spots: Fritz, Place Pigalle, and Suppenkuche. I'd been to Fritz just once before with Susie right before she left for Boston and right after I had way too much drink the night before. So, this time, not sad and not hung over sick was much more pleasant.

Rob and I had crepes (mine had chicken, pesto, and other things I can't remember; and Rob's had chicken, cheese, mushrooms, and spinach). The chicken seemed a bit dry and bland, but other than that they were good, although I still don't know why they come in square shapes. And, yes, I did like his better than mine and he was kind enough to let me finish his. We shared fries of the Belgian variety with two types of dipping sauces (a chipotle mayo that the counter guy said was his favorite and a ketchup-y one). And I had a Stella simply because I like saying the name. Stella.

We journeyed across the street to Place Pigalle for more beer since not nearly enough time had elapsed for Scott's date to get underway. I ordered something I can't remember because what I wanted was out (the second time that's happened to me of the two times I've been there). It was good, not too bitter or heavy but nothing overly girly and light, and I was pleasantly surprised.

We continued our beer binge at Suppenkuche down the street. I walk by it all the time on my way home from work, never saw anyone in it, and was full of curiosity. Lucky for me, Rob knew his way around the large wooden table and benches, and led us to the bar tucked away, where Mexican candles covered the counters and German portraits dotted the walls. He ordered a Hef and me another drink I had no clue about but enjoyed nonetheless.

A good evening all around. I hope Scott's was good too.

Here's Rob's take on our night: Rob's blog.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home