Thursday, July 14, 2005

White trash wonderland?

I love Scott. I'd marry him, if only he'd have me. Too bad he won't be leaving the life of men any time soon though. In the meantime, I have to settle with having dinner with him.

I stopped by his house (which he always corrects me in saying "your house too") last night to meet Ralph, who was aptly described as "tenaciously charming." We chatted, drank wine and cheap beer, marvelled in the craziness that is Ralph, and he made us dinner. Or rather, he opened up a bag of salad and put a frozen pizza in the oven. But that's not to suggest that dinner lacked its fair share of glory. The bag salad was topped with pine nuts, a surprising but good addition, and a pretty not-bad blue cheese dressing (when Scott asked if I liked blue cheese dressing, my unenthusiastic response was, "I'll eat it.").

The pizza wasn't bad either. I might actually say it was pleasantly tasty. It was a Safeway chicken and pesto one, popped into the oven for twenty minutes. We sat there in hunger staring at the oven and then watching bubbles form as the broiler was working its magic.

Is my life with Scott going to be filled with Tecate beer and Safeway frozen pizza? Well, at least I'll have a fancy oven to work with.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home