Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Milkshake dud

Last night was awkward fun. I had been considering starting a new blog for a while. The concept, simply put, is this: I would post a Craigslist personal ad for myself, go on the dates, and write about it. This would be perhaps a weekly or semi-weekly endeavor. I envisioned it testing my creativity and my writing skills, along with providing amusement (since I assume these dates to be lame) for me and my friends. It would be a social experiment and I would be the next Emile Durkheim, or Max Weber, or Michel Foucault. Okay, or maybe the next Dan Savage, if I'm lucky.

So last night was a test-run. I met this guy named Adam for milkshakes at Fat Apple's on MLK in north Berkeley. Fat Apple's has great milkshakes, malts especially. They're thick as bread and leave you with cheeks so sunken that you'd be mistaken for anorexic. We both ordered chocolate malts, and I thought maybe we could be friends. We shared a fondness for chocolate malts. Briefly put, the malt was awesome but the date not so much.

But I left him and Fat Apple's excited. I now had new Craigslist blog fodder.

Look out for a new blog. I'll keep you posted.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home