Wednesday, April 27, 2005

The scallion stallion

Gardenburgers are a wondrous invention. Quick, easy, and they make you feel like you're eating something healthy and good for your karma. I'm a fan.

Today's Gardenburger lunch was one of their sun-dried tomato and basil varieties. It was a new one for me, as I'm usually particular to their portobello mushroom one. But, it was a nice and zesty little surprise that may have me changing my Gardenburger ways. I cooked it up with a little bit of sharp chedder melted on top. No bun nor toppings. I had just the patty with a side of potato salad, all eaten with a fork.

The little patty was a tasty little guy. There were bits of tomato and onions in there that I could actually taste and feel the textures of. I wasn't able to detect any basil, however.

I had concerns about the potato salad though. I made a test run of it in preparation for my upcoming barbeque (so, clear your calendars, friends--I'm thinking late afternoon on Mother's Day) two nights ago and worried if it was still good to eat. Who knows what happens to mayo, albeit soy mayo, when it gets mixed up with potatoes, green onions, cilantro, celery, and eggs and left in a container at the bottom of my refrigerator? I went a little bit too heavy on the green onions though, so that when I actually opened the container I got whacked in the face with the aroma of scallions. Other than that, it smelled fine and tasted fine. We'll see if my stomach actually stays fine though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home