Thursday, December 15, 2005

Happy Blog-iversary

January 31st marks the one year anniversary of Susan’s Daily Eats. To celebrate the momentous event, I’m inviting eaters to send in their food adventures to be posted here.

It would be awesome if you wanted to satiate my need for self-attention and give your take on a meal you had with me. But, I’ll understand if you have too many fabulous dining experiences in my company to recount and decide to write about your own eating escapade, especially if you have a restaurant or recipe recommendation.

Questions and Answers

What if I don’t know you? Can I still send something in to have it posted?
Sure, although I don’t expect too many of these. I still believe that only Jon and Jeanne read my silly little blog, so prove me wrong.

What can I write about?
Write about anything you want, as long as it’s food-related.

Can I write about dirt?
Um, okay, sure, I guess, as long as you ate it.

How long can it be?
I think back to my high school English teacher’s advice: writing should be like a girl’s skirt—short enough to be interesting but long enough to cover the essentials.

Can I attach photos?
Yup, but I can’t promise that they’ll get posted—I’m not too savvy about some things. Also, please don’t send me dirty photos. I’m not a “Debbie Does Salad” kinda gal.

Will all submissions get posted?
Submissions that pass my approval will get posted.

What is your approval system?
It’s pretty lax and hard to define. But, remember the tenants of all decent writing: have a point (although sometimes I know I don’t), edit and proofread (you don’t want to get me annoyed with fragments, run-ons, and misspellings—I get enough of that at work), and have fun with it.

What if my submission doesn’t pass your approval system, is there an appeal process?
I haven’t really thought about it, but I suppose I’ll consider it if you have a strong argument and send me cookies.

Will you tinker with my submission before you post it?
I’ll probably fix grammar stuff, maybe add some links, but your ideas will be all yours.

When do I have to send my submission in by?
Um, let’s say Friday, January 20th but you can send it in before then. So, if you’re super excited and want to send me something today, that’s totally cool.

When will submissions get posted?
On the day of the anniversary, Tuesday, January 31st.

Where do I send my submission?
Send submissions to susansdailyeats at gmail dot com.

What should I include with my submission?
If you want, let me know your name, where you’re from, maybe a one-sentence biography or a picture of your favorite food depicted using only the symbols found on your keyboard. I can’t promise that any of it will get posted though.

Will there be a prize for the best submission?
The writer of the best submission will forever live in awe in my heart.

6 Comments:

Blogger S said...

Maybe you should send out some sort of an announcement about this.

Thursday, December 15, 2005 6:28:00 PM  
Blogger Jeanne said...

you're silly for having a questions and answers section. did jon ask you all these questions? i think the prize should be you cooking the writer of the best story food.

Friday, December 16, 2005 10:26:00 AM  
Blogger Susan said...

no, jon did not ask me these questions. i can be silly on my own. i don't always need jon.

okay, so maybe the winner can come by for dinner. i'll cook (or buy food and pretend like i cooked it). and, for those who don't live close enough to come by the hickory house, i can freeze it and mail them their present.

Sunday, December 18, 2005 10:22:00 PM  
Blogger S said...

I thought about writing the best story ever to win the prize, but then I realized I win that prize all the time anyway, so why bother even trying? I could slap blindly on my keyboard and still get to come over for dinner.

You need to think of a better prize to help inspire people. I'm thinking something with monkeys, or maybe like a new car or something. I could totally use a new car.

Good job being silly without me, by the way. I knew you could do it, even if your own flesh and blood didn't believe in you.

Monday, December 19, 2005 12:24:00 AM  
Blogger Susan said...

okay, okay, i got it. the prize for the winning submission sender person will be dinner paid for by me (and they can take me too if they want) to one of my favorite places to eat. i haven't figured out where that'll be yet, but it'll be good.

and, if jon wins, he can make me dinner.

Monday, December 19, 2005 1:45:00 PM  
Blogger S said...

You don't want Jon making you dinner. He made me dinner once. Once.

(That's a Johnny Dangerously joke I ripped off).

Monday, December 19, 2005 9:58:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home