Monday, December 05, 2005

Dieting

Gasp. I’m on a diet, the first one in probably forever (the time I tried to be a vegetarian in high school doesn’t count). I had envisioned this diet as a crash one, where I’d refrain from any food, but knew how unlikely that would be (I’ve seen enough after school specials and watched enough Oprah to know about unhealthy ramifications). It was the only thing I could imagine being able to do, short of pulling off some crazy I-Love-Lucy-inspired stunt, to squeeze into my bridesmaid dress.

I have now been obsessing about my food in a new way: how many calories is in that beer, can I really have a slice of deep dish pizza and still be on a diet, how many sit-ups do I have to do to work off the sour cream in my burrito? And, it is not fun. So, after a final night with a beer (Harp) and a burrito (carne asada with everything) with Eleanor, Colin, and Colin’s friend Wes at the often-frequented Mission duo, The Phoenix and Cancun, I’m scaling back the calories.

Sunday, December 4
I started the day with my usual late morning breakfast of Smart Start and non-fat milk. After an afternoon of holiday shopping and elbowing people who don’t know how to cross the street, I was famished and had a plate of carrots, hummus, cheese, and some crackers with a glass of orange juice.

Monday, December 05
The day started with a bowl of non-fat vanilla yogurt sprinkled with a handful of Kashi Go Lean Crunch. For lunch, more carrots, hummus, cheese, and crackers. I splurged and had a watermelon flavored Jolly Rancher (leftover Halloween candy hiding in my desk). And dinner was a green salad with carrots, cucumber, egg, and garbanzo beans. After dinner, Scott asked me if I wanted any ice cream, and when I said no, he asked if it would be mean if he ate it in front of me.

2 Comments:

Blogger Susan said...

tell that to my pudgey gut.

Tuesday, December 06, 2005 12:59:00 PM  
Blogger S said...

Maybe you can do whatever diet Will's been on.

Thursday, December 08, 2005 2:45:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home