Friday, December 16, 2005

Chevy's Fresh Mex?

There are some places I’m reluctant to eat at: McDonald’s, The Olive Garden, Hometown Buffet. Chevy’s is also one of these places but I went there on Friday with some friends because we were going to see the gay cowboy movie at the Embarcadero Center and that was the only restaurant we could think of that was nearby.

And, it wasn’t too bad. Other than the group of Asian teenagers outside who thought it would be funny to cheer as people walked by, the bad music, and sitting in a spot that sent a chilly breeze by every time the door opened, the experience was quite decent.

I filled up on chips and salsa before my entrée came. The chips were thin, warm, crisp, and just salty enough. And, the salsas were fine, nothing spectacular. I ordered their shrimp and crab enchiladas with rice and black beans. The enchiladas weren’t like any enchiladas I’d eaten before, but they were quite tasty though not of shrimp nor crab. The cheese stuffed inside was creamy and so was the green sauce that topped it. I can’t quite describe what it tasted like, but it was creamy and my tongue was happy (there’s something wonderfully satisfying about a layer of fat coating the tongue). The rice and beans mostly just flanked the sides of the enchiladas on the overly large platter.

So, overall, eating at Chevy’s isn’t totally awful. I would, however, recommend ordering one of their ridiculously large “regular”-sized margaritas (I wonder what their “super-size” version looks like).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home