Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Lazy night

Today was one of those days when I just felt like doing nothing, cooking nothing, and eating nothing. I have one of these every once in a while when I feel too lazy and tired to roll off the couch and head to the kitchen to put food on a plate and eat it. These are the days when starving looks more appealing than anything you could put in front of me. But then I realize that I can't really eat nothing all day long and force myself to head to the fridge. I opened the doors and stared. Did I want to eat cheddar cheese and packaged turkey? That was about as much energy as I could muster but I knew I couldn't really let myself do that, especially not without crackers.

So, I made one of the quickest and easiest things that I could not involving eggs or a sandwich of some type: angel hair pasta with clams. Nothing fancy. The clams are canned (gasp!). Take some shallots (I had none so I used onions and garlic instead) and slowly cook them. Dump in the drained baby clams. Add the cooked pasta. Toss with olive olive and a squeeze of lemon. Simple.

But I over seasoned. I went a little overboard with the red pepper flakes and black pepper. My mouth was just a little bit unhappy by the end of the meal. But I soothed it down with three spoonfuls of ice cream in the freezer that had been there since no one can remember.

1 Comments:

Blogger S said...

See what happens when Scott's gone? You lose it completely. Oh, go check my blog, I had a dream about you...

Tuesday, September 27, 2005 8:49:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home