Saturday, September 17, 2005

Yummy Yummy

Nothing warms a cold body like hot soup. I was on a search Saturday afternoon for warm soup after spending the morning and half of the afternoon sitting in cold auditoriums learning about college requirements at UCSF. I found it at Yummy Yummy on Irving at 11th.

The sign outside advertised Vietnamese food and Pho Xe Lue. More Asians were inside, so I took that as a good sign.

I ordered the Number 1, which is the Number 1 at any Vietnamese restaurant, the special bowl of pho with rare beef, tripe, meatballs, and other parts of a cow that I can’t name.

The pho at Yummy Yummy really was as the name described. There was a plentiful amount of beef, so much so that I even left some in the bowl. The meat wasn’t too chewy either, as at some other places. The soup was clear, no oil slicks across my lips, and not too salty. Delicious. I’d definitely return.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jeanne said...

how much random mystery meat was there in the noodles? i say, the more the better. i like the clear-ish chewy stuff. nothing says more asian than mystery meat!

Monday, September 26, 2005 9:08:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home