Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Fast food nation

Fast food can sometimes be good food, and I'll eat it. That's not to say that I stuff myself with greasy burgers from a drive-thru window three times a day. But, on occassion, at the right spot, with the right company, at a certain level of drunken-ness (or hangover-ness) I'll step (or drive) up to the counter, peruse the lighted board with pictures of burgers, chicken sandwiches, and fries, and place my order by number.

An In-N-Out #2 (a cheeseburger with fries and a drink) animal style with extra pickles, my welcome back to LA meal, is always a welcome treat once off the airplane. Who can question how wonderfully and oddly good those hash browns from McDonald's are? And any sort of ice cream drink concoction (Frosties from Wendy's, Blizzards from Dairy Queen, milkshakes from Foster's Freeze, anything from Orange Julius) can't be too bad.

So, I've got ideas for my next vacation in the works. Or, if I can't stomach it, I can at least read about it: Life in the Fast Food Lane.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home