Monday, May 29, 2006

Bean city

Apparently, there is no good Mexican food in Boston. In a city called Beantown, it's a shame that there aren't any decent refried ones, or at least any that can match those found on this side of the country.

So, Susie, visiting from Boston for a few days and hankering for some good Mexican food, and I drove over to Cancun, my ultimate burrito stop, for some Mexican food, Californian style. I ordered the super burrito with carne asada and a Mandarin soda and Susie had the super burrito with grilled chicken and a Coke. My came with an extra toasty tortilla and was yummy, as always. And, Susie's was just as good as she remembered a burrito being capable of being.

I told her that I didn't think it was too hard to do burritos well. You take some beans, rice, meat, and other fixings as you like and you wrap it up in a tortilla. And, yes, I recognize that some places have far superior burritos than others. But still, how in a city so large, so wealthy, and so full of college students not have decent burritos? It's mind-boggling. Let's see someone write a PhD thesis on that.

1 Comments:

Blogger S said...

Susie needs to go to Ana's on Harvard Ave., right down from Coolidge Corner. I haven't been there in a couple of years, so maybe it's only great when you aren't used to Mexican food in California.

Wednesday, May 31, 2006 12:53:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home