Sunday, February 12, 2006

The 3AM taco

All I could think about were those two tacos sitting in the refrigerator. The same two tacos that I had left sitting on the kitchen counter earlier in the afternoon in my excited haste to leave for the beach. The same two tacos that were the leftover re-creations from my dinner days before. Slumped over on Graham’s couch, I could only think of those two tacos and how those one and a half blocks from Graham’s house to mine was such a distance to walk for tacos.

But, we finally left party at three in the morning, staggered our way up the Hickory slope, and put those two tacos in the microwave for a minute. Corn tortilla, fried beef, sour cream, cheese, salsa and lettuce never tasted so good microwaved. Five bites later, I was done. Satisfaction is so short-lived.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home