Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Let them eat cake...and pie too

Scott took off for Pakistan today and left me a note reading, “Eat pie and cake.” Why, sure, thank you.

His mom made an apple pie that had been in the refrigerator for several days. He, and I, had forgotten about it. But, I did as I was told and sliced me a piece. It was still great; I think even better than when I first had a taste. The apples were sweet and the sauce thick and sticky. And, the crust was still buttery and flakey with the perfect amount of soft goopiness that sitting in the refrigerator helped create. Yum.

I didn’t have room for the cake though. Maybe tomorrow.

[P.S. People should come by the house for pie and cake too in Scott's absence. It gets so lonely without him.]

1 Comments:

Blogger S said...

I came by your house for pie and cake tonight but you weren't there. I banged on the door and screamed "Gimme pie and gimme cake" until Ralph came down and told me he'd called the police. So then I began wandering the city streets yelling "Susan, gimme, gimme!"

Eventually I found you in a restaurant on Valencia, but the second I saw you I could tell you didn't have any pie or cake with you.

How could you betray me like this?

Thursday, January 05, 2006 9:38:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home