Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Birthday morning cupcake

I hadn't written in a while, and I'm not exactly sure why. Life, essays to edit, grad school preparation has gotten the better of me, apparently.

But yesterday was my 25th birthday. I wasn't planning on doing anything on the commemorating day of my birth. Birthday dinner would happen in a week and a half, and I would be going home to LA to visit my family and pregnant sister, so I'd celebrate there too. But Scott didn't think not doing anything on the actual day of my birth was right. So, he remedied that.

I woke up as usual and took my usual morning shower. What was not usual was the knock on my bedrdoom door. It was Scott, in his boxer shorts with sleep still in his eyes and a plate carrying a cupcake with a lighted candle in his hand. Still in my robe with wet hair dripping, I asked in usual Susan fashion, "Do we have to sing or can I just blow it out?" We didn't sing and I had a cupcake for breakfast as I walked to the bus stop.

Maybe the new 25 year-old Susan, hopefully wiser and more responsible than her former self, will be able to make more of a blog commitment. I feel like I say that every six weeks though.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can tell you this. Blogging is tough to do even when you're 26! But keep it up. It's one of the little delights in my day.

Thursday, October 05, 2006 12:05:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Me want cupcake too!

Monday, October 16, 2006 6:20:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home